Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baduk TV with English subtitles!

I have subscribed to this service for about a month now, and i must say that the videos uploaded there are very good. Hence I'm blogging about it here. I'm not paid to post this.

This service is brought to us, Go enthusiasts by www.gogameguru.com. Over there you can find many videos uploaded (of course, it's a paid subscription! thus demos are available below), either with english subs or without. The good thing about having these videos is that we are able to watch them as and when we like. As we are all people with lives of our own other than eating and breathing Go, something like this is very good. I, for one, have to go to school for lectures and thus more often than not, I find myself not being able to watch those segments of broadcast that i want. Especially the live competitions!

And this "Baduk TV on Demand" service allows me to.

After watching the game commentaries there, mostly the english ones as i understand them better, I have found the standard of my game to drastically increase. Most significantly after watching the Takemiya Masaki 9P game, which is the style i mostly play in. I'd highly recommend anyone to try the $1 trial, but before that at least know what the different subscriptions offer.

There are a couple of price plans available. Namely the BadukTV Live, BadukTV on Demand and BadukTV English.


Now that you have gone through the different subscription plans, you might still be unsure as to whether the $49.99 is worth it. I have encountered people who think that for all that it provides, $49.99 is too much. 

However, do keep it in mind that all subs are written by actual korean Go professionals who speak english and is edited and vetted by a native english speaking Go player. Hence for all the effort to ensure that the quality of the subs are the best they can offer, I'd say that the price is all right. (Obviously, since I have already subscribed to it.)

Now, before you make any important monetary decisions, make sure you have watched the free demo videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment